Home > News & Events > Primary School Competitions > Singapore Primary Science Olympiad > Introduction
The Singapore Primary Science Olympiad (SPSO) is an annual national competition which has been organized by the NUS High School of Mathematics and Science since 2009. This competition, which is open to Primary 5 pupils in Singapore, comprises the Theory round and the Practical round. Selected participants from the Theory round will be invited to the Practical round held on a later date.
SPSO aims to
- Identify Singapore's Science representatives for the International Mathematics and Science Olympiad (IMSO).
- Generate greater interest in Biology, Chemistry and Physics among Primary school students.
- Cultivate enthusiasm and instil a passion for science subjects.
- Provide an avenue to showcase students' abilities in the subjects.
- Nurture talents in the Sciences.
Latest update (26 June 2021):
Please note that the Singapore Primary Science Olympiad (SPSO) will be held on 13 July 2021.
Also, in light of the current COVID-19 situation and safe management measures, SPSO 2021 will consist of only the Theory Round and will be held in the participants' own primary schools. The competition this year is open to both primary 5 and primary 6 pupils in Singapore.
|Theory Round||13th July 2021||Participants' Own Schools|