Home > News & Events > Primary School Competitions > Singapore Primary Science Olympiad > Introduction
The Singapore Primary Science Olympiad (SPSO) is an annual national competition which has been organised by the NUS High School of Mathematics and Science since 2009. This competition, which is open to Primary 5 pupils in Singapore, comprises the Theory round and the Practical round. Selected participants from the Theory round will be invited to the Practical round held on a later date.
Aims of SPSO
- Identify Singapore's Science representatives for the International Mathematics and Science Olympiad (IMSO).
- Generate greater interest in Biology, Chemistry and Physics among Primary school pupils.
- Cultivate enthusiasm and instil a passion for science subjects.
- Provide an avenue to showcase students' abilities in the subjects.
- Nurture talents in the Sciences.
Latest update (4 Feb 2022):
In light of the COVID-19 situation and safe management measures, SPSO 2022 will consist of only the Theory Round and will be held in the participants’ own primary schools. The competition this year is open to Primary Five pupils in Singapore.
|Theory Round||25 May 2022 (Wednesday)||Participants' Own Schools|