Home > News & Events > Primary School Competitions > Singapore Primary Science Olympiad > Competition Information
In light of the COVID-19 situation and safe management measures, SPSO 2021 will consist of only the Theory round and will be held in the participants’ own primary schools. The competition this year is open to both primary 5 and primary 6 pupils in Singapore.
- This competition is open to all primary school students who are enrolled in the primary five level as of the year of the competition. For 2021, primary six students are also allowed to participate.
- All participants have to be registered by their primary school. No individual or private registration is allowed.
- For 2021, there is no cap on the number of participants from each school.
- The period for the registration is from 15 Feb to 30 March 2021.
- The registration fee per participant is $20 nett.
- There will be no refund of the registration fee.
- No calculators are allowed for this competition.
- The language medium used in this competition is English.
- The level of difficulty of the competition is pitched at the Primary School Science Syllabus. General science ability, knowledge, analytical and comprehension skills may also be tested.
- For 2021, the theory round is a 1 hour 15 minutes paper. The paper comprises two sections. The first section consists of 30 MCQs. Each question has 4 possible answers of which only one is correct. The second section consists of 10 questions with multiple correct responses.
- Schools will need to start the SPSO paper anytime between 2.30 to 3.30pm on 19th May 2021. Example: If the school starts the paper at 2.30pm, then the paper must end by 3.45pm. If the school starts the paper at 3.30pm, then the paper should end by 4.45pm.
- The syllabus and sample questions can be accessed by clicking on Sample Questions in the side bar.
- All decisions made by the organizer will be final.
- Medals will be awarded to the participants of the competition based on their scores in the theory round.
- Trophies will be awarded to the top three schools based on the cumulative scores of the top 5 students from the theory round.
- All participants will be given certificates of participation.
- Results of the competition will be made known through the respective schools. All telephone enquiries will not be entertained.
- Schools are responsible in ensuring that the names of participants are correct as the names will appear on the certificates.
- A surcharge of ten dollars will be imposed for the reprint of each certificate.
- All certificates will be delivered to the school around 2 months after the Award ceremony.
If you have any enquiries, please email to: email@example.com.