Home > News & Events > Primary School Competitions > National Mathematical Olympiad of Singapore > Rules & Regulations
Rules & Regulations
This competition is opened to ALL primary school students who have NOT enrolled in PRIMARY SIX level.
- All participants have to be registered by their primary school and schools have discretion to select their students for participation.
- No individual registration will be allowed.
- The registration fee per participant is TWENTY DOLLARS (inclusive of GST).
- There will be NO REFUND of registration fee.
- NO CALCULATORS are allowed for ALL the rounds of competition.
- The language of the competition will be English.
- The level of difficulty of the Competition is pitched at PRIMARY FIVE level.
- The Preliminary Round of the Competition will be a one-and-a-half hour written paper.
Schools are to start the competition between 2pm to 3pm.
- The top scorers of the Preliminary Round will be invited to sit for a written paper in the Special Round. The names of the qualifiers will be made known to the respective schools, and posted at the NMO∑ website.
- All decisions made by the organisers and judges shall be final. No discussion or correspondence will be entertained.
- Participating schools have to arrange for their own teachers to invigilate the preliminary round of the competition (without monetary compensation from the organizer). The organizer will not provide invigilators to schools. The organizer will deliver/collect the question/answer scripts to/from schools. Details on such arrangements will be provided nearer the competition dates.
- Schools conducting the competitions within their premises are required to adhere to the schedule of the competition. This is to maintain fairness to all participants.
- Names and results of participants will be available online to the schools. Schools are responsible for ensuring the names of the participants are correct as the names will appear in the certificates. All certificates will be delivered to the school within 2 months after the award ceremony.