Home > News & Events > Primary School Competitions > National Mathematical Olympiad of Singapore > Rules & Regulations
Rules & Regulations
- This competition is opened to primary school students for this year.
- There are TWO categories:
- Category 1 is for students who have not enrolled in Primary Six level;
- Category 2 is for Primary Six students.
- ALL participants have to be registered via their primary school and schools have discretion to select their students for participation.
- No individual registration will be allowed. The period of registration is from 1 February 2021 to 30 March 2021.
- The registration fee per participant is TWENTY DOLLARS (inclusive of GST).
- NO CALCULATORS are allowed for ALL the rounds of the competition.
- The language of the competition will be English.
- The Preliminary Round of the competition will be an one-and-a-half hour written paper.
- The top scorers of the Preliminary Round from each category will be invited to sit for a written paper in the Special Round. The names of the qualifiers will be made known to the respective schools and posted on the NMO∑ website by 15 June 2021.
- All decisions made by the organisers shall be final and no discussion or correspondence will be entertained.
1. Participating schools have to arrange their own teachers to invigilate the preliminary round of the
competition (without monetary compensation from the organizer). The organizer will not provide
invigilators to schools. The organizer will deliver/collect the question/answer scripts to/from schools.
Details on such arrangements will be provided nearer the competition dates.
2. Schools conducting the competitions within their premises are required to adhere to the date of the
competition as well as to the Safe Management Measures (SMM) by MOE. This is to maintain fairness and
well-being of all participants.
3. Names and results of participants will be available online to schools. Schools are responsible for ensuring
the names of the participants are correct as the names will appear in the certificates.