Home > News & Events > Primary School Competitions > National Mathematical Olympiad of Singapore > Introduction
The National Mathematical Olympiad of Singapore ( NMO∑ ) is an annual national competition organized by the NUS High School of Mathematics and Science since 2006. This competition, which is open to Primary Five students in all primary schools in Singapore involves two rounds: the Preliminary Round and the Special Round. It has raised interest and enthusiasm in mathematics and is now an event that our primary schools and their students look forward to participate in.
NMO∑ aims to
- Identify Singapore's Mathematics representatives for the International Mathematics and Science Olympiad (IMSO)
- Generate greater interest in Mathematics among Primary school students
- Cultivate enthusiasm and instil a love for Mathematics
- Provide an avenue to challenge and stretch our students’ mathematical potential
- Nurture mathematical talents in our youths