- This competition is open to all primary school pupils who are enrolled in the Primary Five level as of the year of the competition.
- All participants have to be registered by their primary school. No individual or private registration is allowed.
- For 2023, there is no cap on the number of participants from each school.
The period for the registration is from 30 March to 21 April 2023.
- The registration fee per participant is $22 nett.
- There will be no refund of the registration fee.
- No calculators are allowed for this competition.
- The language medium used in this competition is English.
- The level of difficulty of the competition is pitched at the Primary School Science Syllabus. General science ability, knowledge, analytical and comprehension skills may also be tested.
- For 2023, the theory round is a 1 hour 15 minutes paper. The paper comprises two sections. The first section consists of 30 MCQs. Each question has 4 possible answers of which only one is correct. The second section consists of 10 questions with multiple correct responses.
The syllabus and sample questions can be accessed by clicking on Sample Questions in the side bar.
- All decisions made by the organiser will be final.
- Medals will be awarded to the participants of the competition based on their scores in the Theory Round.
- Trophies will be awarded to the top three schools based on the cumulative scores of the top 5 students from the Theory Round.
- All participants will be given certificates of participation.
- Results of the competition will be made known through the respective schools. No telephone enquiry regarding results will be entertained.
- Schools are responsible in ensuring that the names of participants are correct as the names will appear on the certificates.
- A surcharge of $15 nett will be imposed for the reprint of each certificate.
- All certificates (and medals and trophies, if any) will be delivered to the school around mid-September 2023.
- If you have any enquiries, please email to: email@example.com.