Year 3 Admissions
NUS High School Year 3 admission is open to applicants who are passionate and talented in Math and Science. The applicants must demonstrate interest and talent beyond the abilities of students in the same age and to excel in the fast-paced learning environment at NUS High School. Students successfully admitted will complete the 4 years (Year 3 – Year 6) of studies in NUS High School. There are no admission beyond Year 3 in NUS High School.
To ensure the safety and well-being of all students and school personnel amid the COVID-19 situation, no onsite selection will be conducted as part of the Year 3 Admission selection process. Instead, all selections for shortlisted applicants will be done via electronic mode (e-mode). The details of the selections (e-mode) will be published in August 2021.
All applicants are to submit their portfolio together with the application to NUS High School by 30 August 2021. Due to Covid-19 situation, applicants are to submit the softcopies of the portfolio via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or post the photocopied hardcopies to 20 Clementi Ave 1, Singapore 129957. Please note that the submitted documents are non-returnable.
The outcome of the selection (e-mode) will be released via the registered e-mail.
Important dates and information for Year 3 Admission Exercise
|Opening of NUS High School Online Application||16 August 2021||TBC|
|Closing of NUS High School Online Application||30 August 2021||TBC|
|Submission of Portfolio (all applicants)||30 August 2021|
|Selection via e-mode (only shortlisted applicants)||September 2020||TBC|
ELIGIBILITY FOR YEAR 3 ADMISSION EXERCISE
For admission to Year 3 at NUS High School, local mainstream secondary school applicants must be enrolled in the Secondary Two “Express” course of study at the time of application. Returning Singapore Citizens and Returning Singapore Permanent Residents must either currently be in or have completed the Secondary Two equivalent education overseas. In addition, applicants should be born between year 2005 - 2007 and not be older than 17 years of age as of 1 Jan 2022.
Applicants who were posted to a secondary school under the DSA-Sec Exercise or Admissions Exercise for International Student (AEIS) are not eligible to apply. Those students are expected to honour their commitment to their posted school.
International applicants from overseas please refer to AEIS website: https://www.moe.gov.sg/admissions/international-students/admissions-exercise
1. Submit an application at NUS High School Online Portal
- Online application will be open from 16 August 2021 to 30 August 2021.
- If you do not have computer or internet access, please complete the online application at the computers set up at NUS High School Annex Office.
- Pay the administrative fee of $70 by cash / cheque / PayNow at NUS High School after completing the online application. If you require waiver of fees due to financial constraints, please indicate during application.
2. Submit portfolio
- Submit the portfolio of Primary 6, Secondary 1, Secondary 2 school results and supporting documents by 30 August 2021 to NUS High School. You can submit the softcopies via e-mail to email@example.com or post the photocopied hardcopies to 20 Clementi Ave 1, Singapore 129957. Please note that the submitted documents are non-returnable.
3. Attend the Selection (e-mode)
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend the selection (e-mode) in September 2021.
4. Offer of the Year 3 Admission Exercise
- Successful applicants will be notified of the selection outcome by October 2021 via the registered e-mail.
- Please note that the School is unable to provide information on application outcome or status over the telephone and we reserve the right not to release any information explaining why an application is unsuccessful.