Year 3 Admissions
NUS High School Year 3 admission is open to applicants who are passionate and talented in Math and Science. The applicants must demonstrate interest and talent beyond the abilities of students in the same age and to excel in the fast-paced learning environment at NUS High School. Students successfully admitted will complete the 4 years (Year 3 – Year 6) of studies in NUS High School. There is no admission beyond Year 3 in NUS High School.
Year 3 admission exercise comprises a two-phase selection. All applicants will have to sit for the Selection Tests in Mathematics and Science. Only shortlisted applicants will sit for an English Test and attend a Selection Interview. All applicants must submit their portfolio and supporting documents before the Selection Tests. The outcome of the selection will be released via registered email.
Important dates and information for Year 3 Admission Exercise
|Opening of NUS High School Online Application||15 August 2022||10 am|
|Closing of NUS High School Online Application||29 August 2022||10 am|
|Submission of Portfolio (All Applicants)||29 August 2022||10 am|
|Selection Tests (All Applicants)||13 September 2022||2 pm|
|English Test & Selection Interview (Only Shortlisted Applicants)||27 September 2022||2 pm|
ELIGIBILITY FOR YEAR 3 ADMISSION EXERCISE
For admission to Year 3 at NUS High School, local mainstream secondary school applicants must be enrolled in the Secondary Two “Express” course of study at the time of application. Returning Singapore Citizens and Returning Singapore Permanent Residents must either currently be in or have completed the Secondary Two equivalent education overseas. In addition, applicants should be born between year 2006 - 2008 and not be older than 17 years of age as of 1 Jan 2023.
Applicants who were posted to a secondary school under the DSA-Sec Exercise or Admissions Exercise for International Student (AEIS) and applicants who are currently enrolled in IP track / IP school are not eligible to apply. Those students are expected to honour their commitment to their posted school.
International applicants, please refer to the AEIS website: https://www.moe.gov.sg/international-students/aeis.
1. Submit an application at NUS High School Online Portal
- Online application will be open from 15 to 29 August 2022.
- If you do not have computer or internet access, please complete the online application at the computers set up at NUS High School Annex Office.
- Pay the administrative fee of $70 by cash / cheque / PayNow at NUS High School after completing the online application. If you require waiver of fees due to financial constraints, please indicate during application.
2. Submit portfolio
- Submit the portfolio of Primary 6, Secondary 1, Secondary 2 school results and supporting documents by 29 August 2021 to NUS High School. You can submit the softcopies via the online portal or e-mail to [email protected] or post the photocopied hardcopies to 20 Clementi Avenue 1, Singapore 129957. Please note that the submitted documents are non-returnable.
3. Attend the Selection
- All applicants are to sit for the Selection Tests in Mathematics and Science on the 13 September 2022. Venue for the Selection Tests is at NUS High School.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to sit for an English Test and attend a Selection Interview on 27 September 2022.
4. Offer of the Year 3 Admission Exercise
- Successful applicants will be notified of the selection outcome by October 2022 via the registered e-mail.
- Please note that the School is unable to provide information on application outcome or status over the telephone and we reserve the right not to release any information explaining why an application is unsuccessful.