Year 3 Admissions
NUS High School Year 3 admission is open to applicants who are passionate and talented in Math and Science. The applicants must demonstrate interest and talent beyond the abilities of students in the same age and to excel in the fast-paced learning environment at NUS High School. Students successfully admitted will complete the 4 years (Year 3 – Year 6) of studies in NUS High School. There are no admission beyond Year 3 in NUS High School.
Due to the Covid-19 situation in 2020, there is no Year 3 Admission Selection Test this year. All Year 3 applicants will not be taking any test. They will submit their portfolio for evaluation. Only shortlisted applicants will attend an e-interview. The outcome of the e-interview will be released via registered email.
Important dates and information for Year 3 Admission Exercise
|Opening of NUS High School Online Application||24 August 2020||10 am|
|Closing of NUS High School Online Application||28 August 2020||10 pm|
|Submission of Portfolio (all applicants)||by 11 September 2020|
|Selection Interview (only shortlisted applicants)||in September 2020|
ELIGIBILITY FOR YEAR 3 ADMISSION
For admission to Year 3 at NUS High School, local mainstream secondary school applicants must be enrolled in the Secondary Two “Express” course of study at the time of application. Returning Singapore Citizens and Returning Singapore Permanent Residents must either currently be in or have completed the Secondary Two equivalent education overseas. In addition, applicants should be born between year 2004 - 2006 and not be older than 17 years of age as of 1 Jan 2021.
Applicants who were posted to a secondary school under the DSA-Sec Exercise or Admissions Exercise for International Student (AEIS) are not eligible to apply. Those students are expected to honour their commitment to their posted school.
International applicants from overseas please refer to AEIS website: https://www.moe.gov.sg/admissions/international-students/admissions-exercise
1. Submit an application at NUS High School Online Portal
- Online application will be open from 24 to 28 August 2020.
- If you do not have computer or internet access, please complete the online application at the computers set up at NUS High School Annex Office.
- Pay the administrative fee of $70 by cash / cheque / PayNow at NUS High School after completing the online application. If you require waiver of fees due to financial constraints, please indicate during application.
2. Submit portfolio
- Submit the portfolio of Primary 6, Secondary 1, Secondary 2 school results and supporting documents by 11 September 2020 to NUS High School. You can submit the softcopies via e-mail to email@example.com or post the photocopied hardcopies to 20 Clementi Ave 1, Singapore 129957. Please note that the submitted documents are non-returnable.
3. Attend the Selection e-Interview
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend the Selection e-interview in September 2020.
- The School will notify the outcome of the application via the registered e-mail. Please note that the School is unable to provide information on application outcome or status over the telephone and we reserve the right not to release any information explaining why an application is unsuccessful.