Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is SPSO related to Direct School Admissions?
It is not related to the Direct School Admissions Exercise. However, participants who show outstanding performance will be taken note of.
2. Is there an age limit?
As long as the pupils are enrolled in Primary Five as of the year of competition, he/she will be allowed to participate regardless of his/her age.
3. Can Primary Six pupils take part?
No. This is for Primary Five pupils only.
4. Can pupils in levels lower than Primary Five take part?
No. The competition is meant for Primary Five pupils.
5. Can participants register as individuals if their primary schools do not take part, or the school did not select them to participate?
No. Pupils can only register via their schools. Please approach your school’s Science department for registration.
6. When will results of the Theory round be released and how will it be made known?
The results will be released in July. Schools will also be notified by email. No telephone inquiry regarding results will be entertained.
7. Are samples of past year SPSO papers available?
Past year SPSO papers are not available. Schools and pupils can refer to the SPSO sample questions found on this website.