Home > Admission & Outreach > Outreach > Singapore Primary Science Olympiad > Competition Rules
- This competition is opened to all primary school students who are enrolled in Primary Five level. Each school is allowed to send up to nine (9) students.
- All participants have to be registered by their primary school. No individual or private registration is allowed. The period for registration is from 1 March to 22 April 2019.
- The registration fee per participant is $23 nett.
- There will be NO REFUND of the registration fee.
- No calculators are allowed for the Theory round of the competition.
- The language medium used in the competition is English.
- Participants in the Theory Round will sit for a one-hour and fifteen-minute paper. The paper comprises two sections. The first section consists of 30 MCQs. Each question has 4 possible answers of which only one is correct. The second section consists of 10 questions with multiple correct responses.
- The top scorers of the Theory Round will be invited to sit for a two-hour practical paper in the Practical Round. The practical paper will be an integration of the three Science disciplines.
- Participants who are selected for the Practical Round will be informed by 15 July 2019 via the website and the respective primary schools.
- All decisions made by the organizer will be final.
- Medals will be awarded to the participants of the competition based on their scores in both the theory and practical rounds.
- Trophies will be awarded to the top three schools based on the cumulative scores of the top 5 students from both the theory and practical rounds.
- All participants will be given certificates of participation.
- Results of the final awards will be made known through the respective primary schools.
- No telephone inquiry pertaining to the results will be entertained.
- Schools are responsible in ensuring that the names of participants are correct as the names will be printed on their certificates.
- All certificates will be delivered to the school within 2 months after the awards ceremony.
- A surcharge of fifteen dollars will be imposed for the reprint of each certificate.
- Please email all inquiries to: email@example.com or contact us.
Mr Lee Kim Hun Tel: 6516 8213Mrs Grace Khoo Tel: 6601 2096