Group Accident Insurance
Group Accident Policy (Feb 2017 – Jan 2018)
The School has taken up a group personal accident policy for your child/ ward with Tokio Marine Insurance Singapore Ltd (effect from 1 Feb 2017 to 31 Jan 2018).
The policy is by no means extensive and is intended only to help defray some of the costs incurred by an accident.
Please enquire at the Admin Office for submission of a claim.
1) Inform the teacher-in-charge of an activity/event or mentor to complete a 'School Incident Report' form.
2) After the ‘School Incident Report’ is completed and signed by Deputy Principal (Admin), obtain the ‘Tokio Marine – Personal Accident Claim Form’ (within 30 days) from Ms Philomena Loh at the Admin Office.
3) Attach all original supporting documents required:
Medical expenses claim:
- in-patient bills/medical bills and receipts or invoices
- medical report and/or certification from attending physician on diagnosis
- if these have been given to another insurer/employer, please provide:
- photocopy of the bills
- reimbursement letter/discharge voucher from the insurer/employer indicating the amount paid by them
- death certificate, police report, autopsy report, coroner’s findings
- provide proof of relationship between the insured and the claimant e.g. birth certificatePermanent disability claim:
- medical report
4) Make a copy of the form and receipts or invoices for your record
5) Submit form and documents to Ms Loh (within 30 days).
Upon receipt of the payment settlement from Tokio Marine, Ms Loh will contact the student or parents.
Basis of Cover:
(A) Death S$25,000 each
(B) Permanent Disablement (Scale 2) S$25,000 each
(C) Accidental Medical Expenses S$8,000 per accident
(D) Hospital Allowance Benefit S$100 per week, up to 60 weeks or up to S$6,000
1) To cover the students while within the premises (including boarding school 24 hours cover) regardless whether they are participating/attending any school activities;
Aggregate Limit(s) of Liability: S$5,000,000 per occurrence/per event
- 2nd and 3rd Degree Burn
- Ambulance Costs (Limit : S$500)
- Assault, Hijack and Murder Clause
- Cancellation Clause by Insurer(s) 60 days, by Insured (anytime with Pro-rata Premium refund)
- Comatose State Benefit
- Community Involvement Program approved/endorsed by the Insured
- Drowning and Suffocation by Gas, Poisonous Fumes or Smoke
- Exposure & Disappearance Clause (12 months)
- Funeral Expenses (Limit : S$1,000)
- Food Poisoning in School or during a School Activity
- Job attachment assigned and approved by the Insured
- Mobility Aid (up to S$5,000 or 95% of the cost)
- Policy is extended to cover animal bites and insect stings
- Strike Riot & Civil Commotion
- Unscheduled Flights
- Memo A
Exclusions relating to hazardous activities/sports do not apply if such activities are organised/sponsored/endorsed/authorised by the Insured
Sports Injury Memorandum
- Benefits are further increased in the event of sports injury (estimated no. of students: 350) For CCA only, not applicable to PE lesson.
- Accidental Medical Expenses increased by S$5,000 per accident with co-payment of 20%)
- War and nuclear risks
- Criminal act, self-injury, suicide, provoked assault, intoxication, drugs, insanity, venereal disease or physical defect or infirmity, pregnancy
- Taking part in flying or aerial activities except as a fare paying passenger
- Mountaineering, parachuting, underwater activities, professional sports, racing other than on foot and other hazardous sports
- Exclusion of Third Party Rights
The above summary provides an outline of the coverage and is not a policy document. The terms and conditions of the Insurer's policy document shall prevail at all times.